Question for worldleaders/DM: Timeless Body, cheesing ?

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
slave.of.emotions
Groundling

Question for worldleaders/DM: Timeless Body, cheesing ?

Post by slave.of.emotions »

Timeless Body (Ex): After attaining 15th level, a druid no longer takes ability score penalties for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties she may have already incurred, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accrue, and the druid still dies of old age when her time is up.
Would roleplaying this ability count as cheesing ? Bioware did not add this feat and 1000 faces since its a just a RP feat and does not really do anything ingame since it would take long for a char to age.
Khaelindra
Groundling

Re: Question for worldleaders/DM: Timeless Body, cheesing ?

Post by Khaelindra »

slave.of.emotions wrote:
Timeless Body (Ex): After attaining 15th level, a druid no longer takes ability score penalties for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties she may have already incurred, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accrue, and the druid still dies of old age when her time is up.
Would roleplaying this ability count as cheesing ? Bioware did not add this feat and 1000 faces since its a just a RP feat and does not really do anything ingame since it would take long for a char to age.
Actually, Bioware added this feat automatically for everyone...or do you see someone aging? Don't forget that standard Bioware is 1 IG hour per 2 RL minutes is 1 year per 12 days...a human would die of old age after 1 RL year.

Interested in some views of people on this though, as i do play a druid who lives by this aspect more or less. I use the existance of this feat as excuse why my character still looks the same.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

It's a moot point because we pretty-much just ignore time and aging all together, for everyone.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Moredo
Planewalker

Post by Moredo »

Don't forget that standard Bioware is 1 IG hour per 2 RL minutes is 1 year per 12 days...a human would die of old age after 1 RL year.
With 2 minutes being 1 hour, then 1 RL year would be 30 game years, so only the oldest human chars would be dead :wink: But CoPaP is using 4 RL minutes for 1 IG hour. Which makes 1 year, 15 years :)

[/nitpick]
Apandapion
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

interesting thing

Post by Apandapion »

One of the reasons I chose to play an elf was that I didn't want to feel like I was cheesing when I did live forever (or functionally so). *grin* I wonder if that's common? I also started my main off at 100 years, so he'd hit maturity in game. I figured that all of my IC deviances from online nwn culture could be filed away as "stupid elven teenager antics"... and this way I can have a coming of age party IC, which should be fun.