Avlis cleric restriction script

Forum for scripters of NWN material and third party applications.
Starslayer_D
Ambassador: Abyss404

Avlis cleric restriction script

Post by Starslayer_D »

Avlis uses a script to restrict the casting of clerical spells by clerics who do not worship an avlis deity.

I would ask if it is possible to see the code for it.

An abyss404 we had an idea to enforce a bit of RP out of clerics who make up an unknown deity and then excuse an utter lack of RPing a cleric bysaying I know what the deity demands... without ever RP anythinga cleric does, including mentioning the deities name.

deities can get angry, too.

And thus, we'd like to modify the script to rpevent casting of spells by deities entered into the list... and keeping the names of unworshipped deities on there untill by RP such characters remove the restiriction by regaining their deities favour.
VioletCutie
World Leader: Miranor

Post by VioletCutie »

Hey now there's a good idea.
Kurdan: "Hey sexy. I just love powerful mages."
Violet: "Mind if I try a buff spell?"
Kurdan: "Hell yeah baby. Hook me up."
*Violet flips to a random page in spellbook and casts Finger of Death and watches Kurdan fall.*
Violet: "Hey I was looking for that spell. What was it doing with my second circle? Oh well."
Apandapion
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

will this break clerics that cross planes?

Post by Apandapion »

Is it certain that this can be done without preventing clerics from using spells on half the planes?
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

That code is dougnoel's area. PM him for access to it. I believe it's already part of the spellhooking code, but I could be wrong.

The spellhooking code is already in the copap ftp site.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
dougnoel
Groundling

Post by dougnoel »

Orleron wrote:That code is dougnoel's area. PM him for access to it. I believe it's already part of the spellhooking code, but I could be wrong.

The spellhooking code is already in the copap ftp site.
What he said. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. Basically, you implement the code and create a db table named "deities". You then list the deities you want to allow in the table and you're done. There's also a more advanced system that allows restriction based on class and deity. AFAIK it works, we've just never gotten around to updating the DB entries on Avlis.
dougnoel
Groundling

Post by dougnoel »

The newest version of spellhooking implements a DM wand that allows the ability to mark a character as 'Out of Favor' with their deity. It works for any spellcaster and denies them access to all their spells.