Assistance in setting up and testing a portal

Forum for scripters of NWN material and third party applications.
Sarrena
World Leader: Abyss404

Assistance in setting up and testing a portal

Post by Sarrena »

Anyone willing to help in setting up and testing portaling from Abyss?
BlueCougar
Planar Sage

Post by BlueCougar »

We would love it over here on Etheria...only thing is we're running 1.64...
Etheria world dreamer....thinking about it again though...
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

BlueCougar wrote:We would love it over here on Etheria...only thing is we're running 1.64...
Beware that running 1.64 without the updated haks is guranteed to cause crashing at some point. 1.64 made a number of 2da changes. they are quick to adjust for, but there are other reason we wait to update as well. One of the newer ones is the CEP. Beyond that, it's nice to wait and see if there are any serious bugs that will cause a new patch to be released due to instability.

At this time, it looks like there *might* be a 1.65 coming rather soon to fix some of the more serious bugs.

If not, there are work around fixes that can be done in the 2das that we'll try before all of the linked worlds update.

Sorry... heh. It's become habit to bring such info up every time 1.64 is mentioned now. Something of an involuntary reflex. ;)

-Themicles
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
BlueCougar
Planar Sage

Post by BlueCougar »

I understand Themi. Jag reinstalled NWN on his new system and updated all the way to 1.64 because that was what was active online for him to update so I had to either update to continue developing the mod or wait and leave us dead in the water on our world development. As far as conflicts, that is why I offered the Etheria server as a testing ground for CoPaP for just that reason so we will know before hand and everyone knows what to expect.
Sarrena

Post by Sarrena »

BlueCougar
Planar Sage

Post by BlueCougar »

Thanks, I'm discussing this with Jag right now. I'll update everyone when and if we revert to give everyone a chance to run around Etheria a bit

<edit>We are reverting and should be back at 1.62 by late morning tomorrow. We're still up for a portal test if you want Sarrena....I've given Jag your ICQ#. </edit>

<<edit>>its a no go, mod's been in toolset in 1.64 and can't be reverted.....<</edit>>
Sarrena

Post by Sarrena »

Guess thats how the ball bounces eh.
BlueCougar
Planar Sage

Post by BlueCougar »

Well it bounced one more time to land on 1.62!!! We are a go for 1.62 version for server and mod!
teleri
World Leader: The Outlands

Post by teleri »

I would love to run a portal check (:

let me know what you need from me.

Cheers,
teleri
Sarrena

Post by Sarrena »

Alright, here's the run down.

Me and Eth team had a meetin, did some chatter and got some stuff set up (DB tables, inserts, scripts, portals, so on). We'll set the next meeting time here and Tel, would love to have you.

Meeting time will be figured in a bit.

To save time make sure you have ICQ and post your numbers here for us to add you before the meeting if such is needed.

192332540 is me.
Sarrena

Post by Sarrena »

Meeting to tack place Tuesday the 19th of october at 2000 hours GMT(-7) or better known as the 20th at 0300 hours GMT(0)
World Leader : Abyss 404