How would you create an Item Master List?

Forum for scripters of NWN material and third party applications.
Jeff
World Leader: Ea

How would you create an Item Master List?

Post by Jeff »

As I work on putting the Avlis crafting system into EA I have realized something. I need an Item master list of what's in my pallet. The problem is simple, not all the existing recipes are working due to we are missing some items from our pallet. If I could make a list of what's in the pallet a simple comparison to the database would show me what items were missing.
If it was just a matter of knowing what was missing I could script a loop that would create items from the database and do a GetIsValidObject(oItem) to see if the item was really able to be made. However to add stuff to our crafting system I would still need a full list of all our pallet items.

So my question is simple, how would you create a master list of all items in the pallet?

My idea so far....

The only real idea I have is to do a listing of all the UTI files in my temp0 dir when the module is open. From what I read the file name is the same as the items resref, so stripping off the .uti should give me a full list of item resrefs. With that list I could make a script that creates each one, records what I need to know like name tag gp value and *insert item property here* back to the database.

Is there a better way?
Come by and see us at:
http://hanus.is-a-geek.net/
Red Golem
World Leader: Abyss404

Post by Red Golem »

Another way might be to script up a chest or container of somekind in a dummy copy of the module and put an instance of each item you have in the palette in that container. Then run a script that automatically goes through and updates the database with the information for each of the items in that container.
[url=http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/viewguild.html?gid=6231]Autobic Guild[/url]