Bwah, first question...

Forum for scripters of NWN material and third party applications.
Teibidh
Clueless Prime

Bwah, first question...

Post by Teibidh »

Okay, when you create a new area in a module it automatically derives the resref from the name you enter in the new area wizard (forget the fact that I hate wizards, you apparently have to use it... the bastards.). In and of itself this wouldn't bother me any, just enter what you want the resref to be in the name field and change the name later. But, let's say I've done about two hours worth of work on an area and finished off the painting on it... I go to the properties dialogue cause I wanna check the lighting and fog settings and I happen to notice that the resref is 'area', completely unacceptable, to me anyway. Is there a way to change it? Cause it's greyed out. I really don't enjoy the thought of having to go through and repaint the entire area... so?
You'll see me in Hell? I'm quite sure. Just head for the center. I'll be the guy sitting on the throne with the cold beer in one hand, your sister in the other and your mom as a footrest.
Red Golem
World Leader: Abyss404

Post by Red Golem »

Tis a simple solution to this one. Just right click the area, and do "Create Copy". It will then pop up a dialogue on what to name that new copy's resref.
[url=http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/viewguild.html?gid=6231]Autobic Guild[/url]
Teibidh
Clueless Prime

Post by Teibidh »

How ironic will it be if RG winds up answering all my questions here?:)
You'll see me in Hell? I'm quite sure. Just head for the center. I'll be the guy sitting on the throne with the cold beer in one hand, your sister in the other and your mom as a footrest.
Daerthe
Ambassador: Ea

Post by Daerthe »

Well...someone else may answer your questions if they get there first. :wink:

That was a trick I learned not too long ago myself. It's very handy.
hermyt
World Leader - LoT: Moonsea

hmm quick question

Post by hermyt »

when you fire an 'actions taken' script off a pc's conversation node is the pc the activator grabbed with OBJECT_SELF? or is the script activator still the npc conversation host?

if its the pc then I assume that GetLastSpeaker() grabs the previous voice nodes activator?

I've been too lazy to load up and check just that so I've just gotten into the habit of pasting in redundance checks because I can't remember. heh
Teibidh
Clueless Prime

Post by Teibidh »

I believe all the scripts in a conversation belong to the owner of the conversation, thus, the NPC, so you'd have to target GetLastSpeaker() with anything you wanna do to the PC.
hermyt
World Leader - LoT: Moonsea

yaa just found that out

Post by hermyt »

yaa just starting doing debugging on my 45 script quest generator system so while I'm adding in oodles of debugging code I dropped a check for that in there and found that out, thanks anyways though :)

HerMyT