Exotic Weapons and Psions

Forum for builders of NWN material.
slave.of.emotions
Groundling

Exotic Weapons and Psions

Post by slave.of.emotions »

As i wanted to pick up exotic weapons feat as psion i could not see it on any lvl in feat selection screen.

Same happens with ambidexterity.
Then they description says that they gain feat for medium armors free but i got only feat for light armors.
Gairus
Groundling

Post by Gairus »

My psion, Luagha, has Exotic weapon proficiency. Are you sure this is a level for an actual feat and not just your psionic feats?
slave.of.emotions
Groundling

Gairus wrote:My psion, Luagha, has Exotic weapon proficiency. Are you sure this is a level for an actual feat and not just your psionic feats?
Yes i am, and i can take it with my first class, but not as psion, did you take that feat as you was leveling as psion or in your other class ?
NWDuneAuron
Ambassador: Hala

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Are you sure you have the BAB requirement?
Gairus
Groundling

Post by Gairus »

I do not recall when I took it :(
slave.of.emotions
Groundling

NWDuneAuron wrote:Are you sure you have the BAB requirement?

Yes, i was lvl 1 monk, lvl 1 outsider, lvl 3 psion, when i wanted to take psion i could not pick ambidexterity and exotic weapons, when i selected monk then both were displayed in feat selection.

I do not recall when I took it :(
:)
Wombatforhire
Ambassador: Avlis

Post by Wombatforhire »

Don't monks get +1 BAB at lvl two? Do psions get +1 at lvl 4?
Moredo
Planewalker

Post by Moredo »

Monk and Psion BAB gain is the same and it goes like this:

0 1 2 3 3 4 5 6 6 7 8 9 9 10 11 12 12 13 14 15

3 every 4th lvls to a total of 15 BAB at lvl 20.
Starslayer_D
Ambassador: Abyss404

Post by Starslayer_D »

Ambidexterity needs a DEX of 15 as prerequisite.
slave.of.emotions
Groundling

Yes, i was lvl 1 monk, lvl 1 outsider, lvl 3 psion, when i wanted to take psion i could not pick ambidexterity and exotic weapons, when i selected monk then both were displayed in feat selection.
= lvl 5, i am sure my BAB was more then one on that lvl, so on lvl 6 both feats should be displayed :roll:

again... i had all prerequisites , i could take it when i took monk instead of psion , with same char and on same level.

all those feats including medium armors that should be grandet them on level 1 are missed in cls_feat_psion.2da
Last edited by slave.of.emotions on Fri May 13, 2005 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enverex
Planewalker

Post by Enverex »

slave.of.emotions wrote:
= lvl 5, i am sure my BAB was more then one on that lvl, so on lvl 6 both feats should be displayed :roll:

again... i had all prerequisites , i could take it when i took monk instead of psion , with same char and on same level.

all those feats including medium armors that should be grandet them on level 1 are missed in cls_feat_monk.2da
Monks shouldn't get Medium armor profitiency as if they wear any form of armour at all they lose all their abilities...
slave.of.emotions
Groundling

Enverex wrote:
slave.of.emotions wrote:

all those feats including medium armors that should be grandet them on level 1 are missed in cls_feat_monk.2da
Monks shouldn't get Medium armor profitiency as if they wear any form of armour at all they lose all their abilities...
ehm sorry i mean cls_feat_psion.2da

apareantly feats like ambidexterity and weapon feats must be listed there to be selectable.
Enverex
Planewalker

Post by Enverex »

slave.of.emotions wrote:
Enverex wrote:
slave.of.emotions wrote: = lvl 5, i am sure my BAB was more then one on that lvl, so on lvl 6 both feats should be displayed :roll:

ehm sorry i mean cls_feat_psion.2da

apareantly feats like ambidexterity and weapon feats must be listed there to be selectable.
Not true, check the other races cls_feat_xxxx.2da and you'll see that they also don't have things like that listed. These are the bonus feat tables, not the standard feat tables.
slave.of.emotions
Groundling

I did, and only following cls_feat_<class> miss something:

cls_feat_druid: Misses all weapons feats excapt WeapProfDruid - and he can not select any other weapons feats (as it should be)

cls_feat_palema: misses weapon feats - could not select them in game when leveling, tested just now.

it seems that some feats need to be listed there so that for example druids can be prevented from taking those.

part of cls_feat_cler.2da for example:

Code: Select all

2DA V2.0

FeatLabel                             FeatIndex   List   GrantedOnLevel   OnMenu
0          ExtTurn                               13          0      -1               0
1          SpellFocusCon                         166         0      -1               0
2          SpellFocusDiv                         167         0      -1               0
3          SpellFocusEnc                         168         0      -1               0
4          SpellFocusEvo                         169         0      -1               0
5          SpellFocusIll                         170         0      -1               0
6          SpellFocusNec                         171         0      -1               0
7          SpellFocusTra                         172         0      -1               0
8          SpellFocusAbj                         35          0      -1               0
9          WeapProfSim                           46          3      1                0
10         ArmProfLgt                            3           3      1                0
11         ArmProfMed                            4           3      1                0
12         ArmProfHvy                            2           3      1                0
13         Shield                                32          3      1                0
14         TurnUndead                            294         3      1                1
15         WeapProfEx                            44          0      -1               0
16         WeapProfMar                           45          0      -1               0
17         DefArrow                              8           0      -1               0
18         Quicken                               29          0      -1               0
19         TwoWeap                               41          0      -1               0
20         Ambidex                               1           0      -1               0
21         DivineMight                           413         0      -1               1
22         DivineShield                          414         0      -1               1
23         GrSpllFcsAbj                          393         1      -1               0
24         GrSpllFcsCnj                          394         1      -1               0
25         GrSpllFcsDiv                          395         1      -1               0
26         GrSpllFcsEnch                         396         1      -1               0
Kyprioth
Clueless Prime

Post by Kyprioth »

Umm you get non-psion feats at lvl 6, not lvl 5
Kyprioth
Clueless Prime

Post by Kyprioth »

Oh, right, you are lvling up To lvl 6... my bad