8%

Total votes: 80

Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

What's your favorite D&D Pantheon?

Post by Orleron »

What's your favorite D&D Pantheon?
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Red Golem
World Leader: Abyss404

Post by Red Golem »

Hard to decide - they all seem like the same old deities recycled over and over again with different names.
[url=http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/viewguild.html?gid=6231]Autobic Guild[/url]
Red Golem
World Leader: Abyss404

Post by Red Golem »

A d20 Modern pantheon with the current major world religions would be refreshingly interesting to play in, with a collection of several monothiestic deities (Jew's Jehovah, Christians' Jesus/Holy Trinity, Islam's Allah) and less diety-centric philosophies (Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism), each with an all-encompassing domain rather than just narrow domains.

It presents more of a much grayer/foggy good/evil spectrum, and there's tons of source material. Just look in the news and you get plenty of ideas for roleplay and adventures/conflicts...
[url=http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/viewguild.html?gid=6231]Autobic Guild[/url]
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

heh... that's a little too close to reality, though I suppose it would make for a nice harmless way to take out your frustrations from today's world.

:roll:
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
lafferty
Planewalker
Location: look at my hands... they are HUGE. And they cant touch themselves... (AVLIS)

Post by lafferty »

i love greek mythology. Thus i voted for greek...

(does robert von rankes graves ring a bell? i love his book)
[url=http://zope.lafferty.de]Crafter's helper[/url]
Aloro
Planewalker

Post by Aloro »

Egypt fans, represent!

* looks around *

OK, maybe it's just me. :?

- Aloro
Drakuul
Groundling

Post by Drakuul »

No, it's not just you - I love the Egyptian pantheon... I collected the whole Set :D
*Your superior intelligence can not defeat my puny weapons*
Aloro
Planewalker

Post by Aloro »

Drakuul wrote:No, it's not just you - I love the Egyptian pantheon... I collected the whole Set :D
* groans *

Ouch, bad one. ;)
emprod
Clueless Prime

Post by emprod »

I've gotten kind of attached to the Avlis gods.
choraldances
Ambassador: The Grey Wastes

Post by choraldances »

emprod wrote:I've gotten kind of attached to the Avlis gods.
Me too..
Choraldances - Senior DM of Avlis, Project Administrator of Miras - Hades, DM of Outlands.
Nighthawk4
Planewalker

Post by Nighthawk4 »

I like Krynn (Dragonlance, I assume?), plus I have always liked the Norse Mythology.

However, in the end there is no contest - Avlis it has to be :lol:

Especially Dru'El - for some reason, He is my favourite. A really nice guy :wink:
Avlis1 Head DM

You mean Avlis isn't Real Life?
Lycanthropy
Noobie

Post by Lycanthropy »

I've always admired the Norse pantheon (from the atheistic perspective that it's all codswallop, mind). For a set of Gods, they were always very, very *human* in their actions and mistakes.

However, my favourite D&D pantheon is the FR pantheon. Probably because it's the most familiar, I suppose. 8)
Solrinin
Noobie

Post by Solrinin »

I'm going to have to say the FR pantheon is my favorite, since I have a cat named Mystra and another named Sune.
"WHY WAS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP?" -Zim
"I made it myself!" -GIR
Dehval
Noobie

Post by Dehval »

*raises hand* A true Forgotten Realms fan!
"There's a time and place for everything, and it's called college"
Hydromancerx
World Leader - LoT: Maztica

Post by Hydromancerx »

Maztican !! :D I guess that counts under "Aztec"

Nothing Beats a giant Golden Feather Dragon!!

BlueCougar
Planar Sage

Post by BlueCougar »

Red Golem wrote:A d20 Modern pantheon with the current major world religions would be refreshingly interesting to play in, with a collection of several monothiestic deities (Jew's Jehovah, Christians' Jesus/Holy Trinity, Islam's Allah) and less diety-centric philosophies (Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism), each with an all-encompassing domain rather than just narrow domains.

It presents more of a much grayer/foggy good/evil spectrum, and there's tons of source material. Just look in the news and you get plenty of ideas for roleplay and adventures/conflicts...
Well that's sort of the line we're taking with Etheria but with the "old" gods fading away with an all out good vs. evil going on....and I hope to get a chance to link to Abyss to add even more confusion and complexity to the storyline....hehe....
Etheria world dreamer....thinking about it again though...