Will you be downloading the Community Expansion Pack?

Polls for the CoPaP frontpage

Whether or not CoPaP ever adopts the CEP, will you be downloading it anyway as part of your general NWN usage?

Yes
90%
No
8%
I'm undecided.
2%

Total votes: 59

Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Will you be downloading the Community Expansion Pack?

Post by Orleron »

Whether or not CoPaP ever adopts the CEP, will you be downloading it anyway as part of your general NWN usage?
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Sindol
Ambassador: Catara

Post by Sindol »

My NWN usage = my CoPaP (mainly Avlis) playing and DMing

Without CEP in CoPaP, it will only sit idly on my HD taking up space, I'm enough of a realist not to download it in that case.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Quiz001
Clueless Prime

Post by Quiz001 »

I only play NWN on Avlis now, so I'll only DL it if Avlis decides to use it.
Malathyre
Planar Sage

Post by Malathyre »

Let me be a sheep: I'll probably only download it if CoPaP decides to use it. Mostly, that means Avlis, but I've been hoppin' around to a few other places lately.
<Daerthe> There is only room for so much realism before things start to get silly.
markschouten
Planar Sage

Post by markschouten »

Now that the .exe version is only 120mb big , i don't see any big downsides to it anymore.. besides offcourse the big proccess that will have to be put in keeping the old clothes/robes compatible with the CEP. Which will most likely only be 2da fixes. I seriously hope that CoPaP will use it in the near future.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Oh it gets better. Once we take out all the duplicate entries we have in UniversalHak, the UniversalHak goes from 139 MB to 8 MB zipped!

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
markschouten
Planar Sage

Post by markschouten »

:shock:

Now new players will even have to download less. :D
Maska
World Leader: Fairhaven

Post by Maska »

And it could go LOWER than 8mb..... *TEASE*

If I were making the decision.... I'd tell you all to download CEP now and wait for the swapover..... but that's up to Orleron to decide (lucky you! :twisted:)
[color=red][size=150][b]Maska[/size][/color][/b]
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

There is certainly no harm in downloading the CEP right now in preparation for when the time comes that we use it. It's a big download and you'll want to get a jump in it in any case.

_Wake_
Noobie

Post by _Wake_ »

DL'ed and all set :D
(2a, noun) 3 : a watch held over the body of a dead person prior to burial and sometimes accompanied by festivity.
void main()
{
object oPC = GetLastUsedBy();
AssignCommand(oPC, ClearAllActions(TRUE));
ActionStartConversation(oPC);
}