New CoPaP World enters compliance testing

Frontpage news for the CoPaP project: http://www.copap.org/
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

New CoPaP World enters compliance testing

Post by Orleron »

We need you, the players to help test Moonsea as the next possible world to link to CoPaP, and our first FR setting server.

The address:
68.148.216.199:5121

The hakpaks:
linked off of the Moonsea homepage, which is linked off of the copap.org front page. (They will shortly be going to CoPaP's standard haks.)

If you please, could you now all go to Moonsea and have a look? The more thorough you are, the better. Moonsea is HerMyT's place, and it will likely be the next place to link. Things to not worry about yet:

* The world is still in development, so don't worry so much about how much STUFF there is to do.
* The world has just started to go online, so don't worry so much about the lack of players. (Worry more if you see epic characters running around.)

Things to check out:
* XP, which I hear still needs one final tweak
* gold
* merchants
* treasure drops
* general quality

In general, you want all these above things to be as close to the values that they have in the rest of CoPaP as possible.

The mod should have about 250 areas and it should be getting as many as 500 more very soon, because they've been saving up a lot of work.

Send feedback to either me, Themicles, or Red Golem via PM.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Thejester
Ambassador: Moonsea

Post by Thejester »

would just like to add we have about 500 levels and are adding about 300 more. orl had wrote we had 250 and were adding about 500.
Darth
Noobie

Post by Darth »

I have travelled to Moonsea via portals, but I dont have the password (not even in the email with all the servers and passwords).

Now my char is there and I can't enter.

I also tried travelling again from Rockhome to Moonsea, but the server kicks me with a strange message "Needed at least one level in ranger to... "
I wanna rock!
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

The links aren't official yet, so there's no guarantees about being able to portal correctly. The admins are still setting them up properly.

I will however send out the password to the mailing list right now.

Stay tuned.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Drysh
Planewalker

Post by Drysh »

I would like to try the Moonsea server, but I haven't received the password.

Joinned at (date of passwords' e-mail): Jun 29, 2004.

I checked the Yahoo list and I there is nothing there.

EDIT: No need for the password anymore.
Cheers.