CoPaP.org DM Access

Frontpage news for the CoPaP project: http://www.copap.org/
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

CoPaP.org DM Access

Post by Themicles »

The DM group on CoPaP.org has been severely out of date for some time.
The group will be cleared. World leaders need to get me DM lists ASAP, with their corresponding forum account names. Do not send your DMs to PM me theirselves. I'll just end up contacting you to verify if you do, wasting more time.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Arkonswrath
Ambassador: Hala

Post by Arkonswrath »

Here's a suggestion:

How about we do DMs like we do the WL and Ambassadors?

WLs have control of their worlds DM usergroup. That way each world can be responsible for adding and removing their DMs as needed. This would probably take a load off you as well as streamline things.
Nighthawk4
Planewalker

Post by Nighthawk4 »

Thanks sounds a good idea.

We have just reminded our DMs that they need to register here - so you will probably have had some new registrations recently. :wink:
Avlis1 Head DM

You mean Avlis isn't Real Life?
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

Nighthawk4 wrote:Thanks sounds a good idea.

We have just reminded our DMs that they need to register here - so you will probably have had some new registrations recently. :wink:
You, or your world leader, need to give me a list of DMs. I will not add people to the DM group by individual request. I can't even find a clear list of DMs with my team access on Avlis.org. So I still need a list PM'd to me soon, please.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Nighthawk4
Planewalker

Post by Nighthawk4 »

I have asked Renedq to send you a list. :wink:
Avlis1 Head DM

You mean Avlis isn't Real Life?
DMSelena
Noobie

Post by DMSelena »

We don't really have any DM's yet. Just developers. I'll send you a list once we're closer to opening up. Few of the dev folks are interested in actual DMing. Most of them are perfectly happy scripting and playing.

Is that kosher, or do you want me to send you a list of my best guess of who will be a DM now and revise it later?

- S.
renedq
Noobie

Post by renedq »

sent list.
Arkonswrath

Post by Arkonswrath »

I'm recommending that we set up a thread for each world wherein the current world leader would be responsible for updating his/her Current DM List. Personally I think this would be a great help to all of us as we would then know who to go to when we have questions for other worlds.

Thoughts? Comments?
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

Arkonswrath wrote:I'm recommending that we set up a thread for each world wherein the current world leader would be responsible for updating his/her Current DM List. Personally I think this would be a great help to all of us as we would then know who to go to when we have questions for other worlds.

Thoughts? Comments?
You've already said this in two other places. One here, and one in IRC. And I've already given you a response on it. :P
DMSelena
Noobie

Post by DMSelena »

Themicles wrote:
Arkonswrath wrote:I'm recommending that we set up a thread for each world wherein the current world leader would be responsible for updating his/her Current DM List. Personally I think this would be a great help to all of us as we would then know who to go to when we have questions for other worlds.

Thoughts? Comments?
You've already said this in two other places. One here, and one in IRC. And I've already given you a response on it. :P
Yeah, but... (I sound like my son)... I think this is a good idea and you didn't explain why it isn't a good idea when you said no, so I'm confused too. DMs often change, and if you aren't updating by individual request, that means that whatever we send you is going to be somewhat permanent, isn't it? Is there some reason why we couldn't manage our own DM lists? Seems odd that we can handle our Ambassadors, but not our DMs. Or am I misunderstanding something because I'm a noob?

- S.
Arkonswrath

Post by Arkonswrath »

Actually... my other suggestion on this was for each world to have it's own usergroup... this one was more geared towards a public list that anyone could access to see who the DMs are on each world.
Trinity
Clueless Prime

Post by Trinity »

I think this a great Idea, and even if all worlds don't agree to it, those that choose to do so, should do this. Would be nice to know who is on the current team's of each world so we can interact acordingly.
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

Two things:

A public list that anyone can access is not doable without having to maintain the list myself at this time. The only way to accomplish this is the Usergroups, and players generally don't look there for information.

Each world having it's own usergroup for DMs would work, sure. But let me put this bluntly: It'd be much more difficult to police.

If a world breaks the articles and adds an extra ambassador to their group, or quick swaps ambassadors to let someone see forums they shouldn't, I can see that clearly. With a DM list with no set limit, it's impossible for me to keep track of that.

Further, I'd still have to audit DM lists from time to time to make sure DMs that have quit are removed. Sending me a list, or maintaining the list on your own will still require you to keep that list up to date. And thus far, no one has. No one has ever told the rest of CoPaP that they quit as a DM. And World Leaders have only ever told the CoPaP Admins that someone has left their team when the person was a serious problem or threat.

Making individual usergroups for each world's DMs doesn't solve that.

That said, I'm NOT totally against the idea. If you ask around, you'll find that I've been considering this for months. Since before I made the separate ambassador groups.
Trinity
Clueless Prime

Post by Trinity »

I wasnt thinking of making an actual public list for all to see,but mainly just for DM's to see.And sole purpose being that Dm's from one world would know who they could contact from another world if any questions would arise.