Proposal for Pale Masters

Development for CoPaP
hylia
Planewalker

Proposal for Pale Masters

Post by hylia »

Some time ago, an avlis player brought up the point that Pale Master implementation in CoPaP wasn't in line with their implementation in PnP. Our line in Avlis is generally not to change things unless its to bring them in line with PnP (as in our spellhooking project). There are two potential pale master changes:

(1) At level 6 of Pale Master, the undead graft should give +4 to STR in PnP.
(2) Immunity to Criticals at level 10 should also give immunity to sneak attack. NWN botched this and it doesn't. (From the PH--anything immune to criticals is automatically immune to sneak attacks).

Why I bring this up here: If Avlis does a fix of this, it would be done by dynamically adding properties to the new creature hide system that Mistcaller coded. This means that a character recieving these abilities on world X would have them when they portal to world Y, since their hide comes along for the ride. So if Avlis implements these changes, all pale masters across CoPaP will likely recieve them, so CoPaP input is a must before deciding if these should go in.

There are two relavent threads on the Avlis forums where our players discussed these changes:
http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=40356
http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=37990
Arkonswrath
Ambassador: Hala

Post by Arkonswrath »

On recommendation I would make to this... if you are going to PnP one PrC... we should probably do it with all of them. Shadowdancer for one kinda gets the shaft when it comes to abilities they should have gotten, such as their DD type ability and things of that nature. There are others that also have things that could stand to be more in line with the PnP versions of them
hylia
Planewalker

Post by hylia »

I don't see a problem with doing this if it can be fixed by simply adding something to custom hides. We already check for PrC levels in our default OnEnter.

If by DD you mean dimension door, this isn't easily do-able-and probably requires .2da editing. There are many examples of things like that (clerical domains, missing epic spells for bards, pale master summons). These could be do-able but require more than a simple code addition to the checks we already do OnEnter. If we think its a good thing to do and get a list of the things that can be added simply as hide properties, I'll gladly code them all, but .2da editing is beyond my scope at the moment...
kombinat
Planar Sage

Post by kombinat »

Arkonswrath wrote:There are others that also have things that could stand to be more in line with the PnP versions of them
Like HiPS....
hylia
Planewalker

Post by hylia »

*cough* Well, since no one came out saying "don't do this!" I'll try to get around to coding it within the next week. If anyone has any complaints, or wants to list other classes that could be brought more in line with PnP through the addition of creature hide properties, please post here soon.
Apandapion
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

Post by Apandapion »

Arkonswrath wrote: There are others that also have things that could stand to be more in line with the PnP versions of them
Not just with PrCs either. I am still bitter about the absence of most of my favorite epic spellcaster feats. I loved expanded spell capacity, and the metamagic feat that lowers the spell level of a meta-magiced feat (makes a maximized fireball level 6 instead of 5, for instance.) I would buy these even given that you can only metamagic a spell once in NWN.

Will we be seeing these feats in CoPaP any time soon? I'd much rather buy 10th level and higher slots than epic spells.

Post by Guest »

While its on the table, the blackguard not getting its own spell list always irked me, but I imagine that would be a pretty fundamental change.
The two or three 'once a day' spells just dont make up for the what they have in PnP.
dougnoel
Groundling

Re: Proposal for Pale Masters

Post by dougnoel »

hylia wrote:(2) Immunity to Criticals at level 10 should also give immunity to sneak attack. NWN botched this and it doesn't. (From the PH--anything immune to criticals is automatically immune to sneak attacks).
Bioware fixed this in their latest patch (currently in beta.)
szabot
Planewalker

Post by szabot »

(1) At level 6 of Pale Master, the undead graft should give +4 to STR in PnP.
Curious if that one is being worked on. Thanks. ;)
hylia
Planewalker

Post by hylia »

You an yer poking me to get it done! :lol:

Yeah, it'll be done. In fact, it mostly is. I just have to test it. Expect it by the end of the month.
szabot
Planewalker

Post by szabot »

What's that saying about greesy wheels..or something? ;)

If you need help testing, I'd be glad to help.
szabot
Planewalker

Post by szabot »

hylia wrote:You an yer poking me to get it done! :lol:

Yeah, it'll be done. In fact, it mostly is. I just have to test it. Expect it by the end of the month.
*looks at the date and prays to hylia*
hylia
Planewalker

Post by hylia »

I'm doing a major wilderness update. I'll code it up along with that. :D
szabot
Planewalker

Post by szabot »

hylia wrote:I'm doing a major wilderness update. I'll code it up along with that. :D
Just saw a wilderness update by PJ, which included "lastest imports." I logged in but saw no STR adjustment. Maybe the server needs to reset first, or it wasn't included. Should I be expecting the STR adjustment with this update? (*crosses fingers*) Thanks. ;)
szabot
Planewalker

Post by szabot »

There was just another wilderness update, which reminded me of this, so I'm checking again. Any word on this? :)
Mistcaller
Groundling

Post by Mistcaller »

Imported in Mikona, Avlis, as of today.
szabot
Planewalker

Post by szabot »

This is awesome. Do we owe our thanks to Hylia for the coding?
Mistcaller
Groundling

Post by Mistcaller »

szabot wrote:This is awesome. Do we owe our thanks to Hylia for the coding?
Yep :)
szabot
Planewalker

Post by szabot »

Mistcaller wrote:
szabot wrote:This is awesome. Do we owe our thanks to Hylia for the coding?
Yep :)
Thanks Hylia!!! :D

Where do I send my firstborn?