Very attractive addition: can this be implemented CoPaPwide?

Development for CoPaP
Khaelindra
Groundling

Very attractive addition: can this be implemented CoPaPwide?

Post by Khaelindra »

As mentioned both on the Avli-boards and the Hala-boards and received with great enthousiasm:

http://home.earthlink.net/~dartanbeck/id1.html

An awesome addition that will allow characters to have a real adventurer-look.

Could this be implemented in the CoPaP-hak, so players can use this on all worlds without fear of illegal characters when transitioning from one world to the other?

Thanks! :D
Last edited by Khaelindra on Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

I think it might be a better bet to see if the CEP will be adding it in the future. If so, it might be a problem if we impliment it now, and then the CEP does later.

Why?
If we impliment it now, using a specific set of 2da lines, and then the CEP impliments it later, they may use a different range of 2da lines. This has two problems.
  • 1. If we leave ours in, we have duplicates. Depending on the specifics, this can be cause for builders to complain.
    2. If we remove our lines, existing content in the world might break.
This definetly seems like something the CEP would impliment, and I'll see if I can get word on whether or not they have any plans to.

Anyway, I do agree it's pretty neat. ;)
BioWare enabled a lot of cool stuff by adding the alignment column to the Visual Effects 2da.

-Themicles
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
kombinat
Planar Sage

Post by kombinat »

Thanks for looking into it, Themi! :)
Baron
Ambassador: Ithilla

Post by Baron »

wanna talk to the creator of teh HAK.. go here...he may be able to work with us to get the 2da's modified so that it doesnt conflict with CEP...he says he's tried to avoid the CEP reserved areas...

if you can get him to move the lines in teh 2da to where you want it...hey you never know...big feather in his cap if it gets implemented copap wide IMO
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

Baron wrote:wanna talk to the creator of teh HAK.. go here...he may be able to work with us to get the 2da's modified so that it doesnt conflict with CEP...he says he's tried to avoid the CEP reserved areas...

if you can get him to move the lines in teh 2da to where you want it...hey you never know...big feather in his cap if it gets implemented copap wide IMO
It's not conflicting with the CEP I'm concerned about. It's a matter of whether or not it gets ADDED to the CEP itself in the future. ;)
-Themicles
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Rosietreats
Noobie

Post by Rosietreats »

Wow!
How nice!
Hello to you all. I'd just like to pipe in and put in a few things to think about before implemented.

1. I found out, the hard way, that I have to redo the 2das anyway. So that part is not going to be an issue, since I'm going to check around first.

2. I really think that Themicles is right. Although I had never expected to here word of this stuff going CEP... wow! I'd LOVE that (obviously)!
So It seems like the wisest choice would be to at least check with them. It sure would be nice (for me) to be able to use this stuff on CoPaP, since that was the original intention of it, and that it contains all of the things that make my character look the way she does.

So... if CEP says no, and you would still like to use this in your worlds, there should be no problem 2da-wise. I'd just like to know which you guys already use beyond that of CEP... just to be sure (this time)

- Rosietreats -
3d modeller, plt texture artist
Creator of: Rotex, Adventure Gear
Member of: Arcane Space Tileset, Robinson Workshop

Oh, and I have the really cool nwn Z-board keyset!
Rosietreats
Noobie

Post by Rosietreats »

You'll be happy to know that I'm really working hard on the update, which will squash all bugs reported.

One biggie in particular, though, is that the update removes the edited nwscript.nss, as it will not be needed. With that little headache in the hak, one would have to update the hak everytime there was an official update that changed the nwscript.nss... nightmare OVER!!!
Also, the 2da lines have been fixed along with the appropriate renaming of models, making it fully CEP compliant.
:D
- Rosietreats -
3d modeller, plt texture artist
Creator of: Rotex, Adventure Gear
Member of: Arcane Space Tileset, Robinson Workshop

Oh, and I have the really cool nwn Z-board keyset!
Nob
Spelljammer

Post by Nob »

Wow, that's pretty damn good.

Question, just how configurable are the objects?

For example do they all come as one package, or do they come in various combinatinos so you can just have a sword worn on the hip or something like that?

Can't wait to see what you'll be working on next.
Khaelindra
Groundling

Post by Khaelindra »

*goes to buy Rosie some roses...* :D
dougnoel
Groundling

Post by dougnoel »

Has anyone talked to the CEP about this yet?