Monk's sharp weapons

Development for CoPaP
Nightfall
Noobie

Monk's sharp weapons

Post by Nightfall »

I have been adviced to put my request on this forum.

As player on Avlis playing a monk I was curious whether or not it would be possible to have claws.

Since claws are part of a small hakpak, I wondered if it would be possible if it could be added to the PWs..

Its easy to implement in RPG, since on Avlis there are salt mine monsters having sharp razor claws...if one should drop...i would be glad to pick one and have it modified by a smithy..

Well any suggestions? Any ideas? Any opinion? please shoot..

Cheers,

Nightfall
dougnoel
Groundling

Post by dougnoel »

Nigfhtfall, could you please post the link to that hak here for people to look at as well?

Arkonswrath
Ambassador: Hala

Post by Arkonswrath »

I think I know the hak you are talking about. There are many of them but this is the one I myself have used in the past. The graphics are well done and could be a nice addition.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpacks/d ... 3827.shtml

If you have others you were thinking of, please link them as well.
Mistcaller
Groundling

Post by Mistcaller »

How are these claws going to function regarding monk attacks and Ki dmg? Will the monk be able to keep his unarmed skills with them or not?
Arkonswrath
Ambassador: Hala

Post by Arkonswrath »

IIRC they work the same as any other monk weapon when it comes to monk's attack bonuses, but don't quote me on it. It's been a while since I used them.
kombinat
Planar Sage

Post by kombinat »

Yep, they're base item Kama with a different graphical model, I believe.
Nightfall
Noobie

Post by Nightfall »

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpacks/d ... 3546.shtml

The claws are based on the Kama's and therefore does not limit the monk's attacks.
Mistcaller
Groundling

Post by Mistcaller »

According to the comments I read in that link you posted Nightfall, they dont seem to behave like Kamas.

The link Arkon provided seems more up to date. However, both are ~2.5 years old and I'm afraid there will be conflicts with CEP weapons...

But if they are indeed based in Kamas and we can overcome any CEP conflicts I'm all for it.
Nightfall
Noobie

Post by Nightfall »

I do agree that the link used is a bit out of time. However, I have played with the claws as monk on Brynsaar a while. And there was no conflict with the CEP....but off course.since it is a hak...one should check the conflicts..Alas i am not that of a coder..

Anyway...its nice to hear so many positive replies..