Thay Bottle Creatures!

Development for CoPaP
Cromwell
World Leader - LoT: Thay

Thay Bottle Creatures!

Post by Cromwell »

Comments welcome, i'm thinking of what other functionality to add to them. Basically these are magical bottles created by Red Wizards which contain a variety of imp, quasit, and mephits... Each bottle a different type. The bottles are usable two times a day, once to spawn, once to despawn, so think of them as only actually usable ONCE per day.

Included below is a demo module.
If anyone is interested in using these for their linked world, please let me know, i want to know how players, and DMs react to them, as well as considering reasonable pricing for them (some are more powerful than others, but they are all directly copied from the standard palette versions).

Thanks!

http://thay.org/content/tbc_cromwell.rar <<--- Download
[color=red]"How wonderfully mad of you!"[/color]
Wombatforhire
Ambassador: Avlis

Post by Wombatforhire »

It would be cool if killing the creature ruins the bottle...

(cool as in neat and more realistic, not cool as in acceptable balancing...dunno about that.)

Post by Guest »

Perhaps, but they are suppose to be fairly expensive, so having them so... fragile might not be desirable 8)
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Could be a nice gold sink if they are super expensive. Have you done any thought experiments involving cases where someone who's rich buys and uses like 10 of them at once?
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
mariadoc
World Leader: Zorlan

Post by mariadoc »

These Bottled Creatures are cool! Can any PW on CoPaP use them? Congrats for making thids excellent content
Mariadoc, Zorlan´s World Leader.
"It´s a good day for me to kill you, but I don´t"
Cromwell

Post by Cromwell »

Way ahead of you Orleron, it checks to see if you have another associate (including another imp) spawned, if it does, it warns you that you already have an associate present. I did alot of bug testing with this. Even if the Imp dies, you still have it "go back in the bottle" so you don't spawn a new one until you rest again and get back the uses per day. As well, if you set the bottle on the ground, and the imp is still spawned, it will despawn the imp back into the bottle so if someone else picks up the bottle they won't spawn a new one.

EDIT: Yes, anyone can use these, if you don't know how to remove the npcs/items/scripts from the demo module, PM me and i will give you instructions.

Just give credit where credit is due, and please don't change the description on the bottles, as the bottle creature item is a Red Wizard creation. =)
Fallen_Chrome
Clueless Prime

Post by Fallen_Chrome »

<----- Guinea Pig.

Alot of testing indeed. *runs off, his arms full of bottles*
Abyss 404 - DM
Approaching Winter
Hydromancerx
World Leader - LoT: Maztica

Post by Hydromancerx »

Are there any other scripted objects from Thay? Or other CoPaP worlds in which Maztica can consider using???

It would really be nice if there was a sticky posted of scripted items in which could jump worlds where you could download them so other worlds can support or even save time and use them.

Post by Guest »

I have more things in the works but obviously i can't release all of them now. Yes if someone could organize a thread with copap wide specialty items that could be tested and balanced, that would be nice, starting with my bottle creatures.
Gairus
Groundling

Post by Gairus »

I hoped to do something very similar with some RP-centric creatures. In such a case would you be ok with a different description but one that included an OOC addendum about the code's source?

(I know i'm being abit pushy and I'll not touch them unless you say it's ok, given this reqest.)
Cromwell wrote:Just give credit where credit is due, and please don't change the description on the bottles, as the bottle creature item is a Red Wizard creation. =)
Cromwell

Post by Cromwell »

Sure, that's fine.
Starslayer_D
Ambassador: Abyss404

Post by Starslayer_D »

Yaiii.. go, portable kitty!
Gairus
Groundling

Post by Gairus »