Bantmar problems?

Development for CoPaP
Jaguar
World Leader: Etheria

Bantmar problems?

Post by Jaguar »

When creating a Bantmar and getting the starting equipment... The Whipping tongue says that it can not be equiped because it is unidentified.

Now, the 2x2 Animal fang in the inventory can be id'd BUT what does someone do with it? OR should it be equiped by the creator automatically?

What do I have to tweak to get this to run correctly?

Jag
Sarrena
World Leader: Abyss404

Post by Sarrena »

Rig the item as pre identified. You do relise Bant's are native to the 404th layer of the abyss right :)
Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

I understand that... and fixed the problem....

I am just happy to get the Creator running.... Which took a week to figure out....

Now, do you know where I can get the SQL lines to add the Crafting recipes to the crafting tables?

I have been struggling with all of this for a long time now and just want it to work so I can get to the REAL STUFF... like building and finishing the mod I started so long ago....

So.. some help would be greatly appreciated...

AND THANK YOU AHEAD OF TIME.....

Jag
BlueCougar
Planar Sage

Post by BlueCougar »

I thought the Bantmar's were also on Alvis. Aren't there reptilian creatures on there?
Etheria world dreamer....thinking about it again though...
Serpentax
Groundling

Post by Serpentax »

bantmar are compleltly 100% unique to 404... they aint in any sourcebooks and are compleltly designed by red golem.

(aside from alterations we've made since he retired)

avlis has lizardmen i think.. but not with any of the bantmars powers ?

so this begs me to ask why are you doing things with bantmar ?
Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

Here is the deal... I have been trying to get the custom race creator to work for a while now with NO help and NO replies to my posts looking for help on this... Teleri was kind enough at one point to help.... and it is GREATLY APPRECIATED....

BUT.. when I see somehting that looks to not work right within my mod I ASK about it... SO.. whether or not it is suppose to be there OR whether or not we are going to keep it is not something to question...

It will be taken out or disabled if it is not to be there.. BUT why don't you all ask yourselves where the documentation on all of this.... I am sorry if this sounds harsh but I have spent a lot of time and energy trying to figure this out and now that I finally have.. I really don't care to hear about people giving me a hard time about whether certain things within it are suppose to be on our server... Hell, I am jumping for joy I got it to run without problems....

So, I am sorry if I haven't gotten to the part where I have to disable anything... This post was for help on what I thought was a problem... not to be judged on whether or not we are suppose to be using something or not....

So far, I appreciate all the people that have post their constructive comments in an effort to help me with this.... This is a milestone for me..

so, to those people I say THANK YOU..... it's nice to not totally be stumbling in the dark for a change...

Jaguar
Midknight
Noobie

Post by Midknight »

Serpentax wrote:
avlis has lizardmen i think.. but not with any of the bantmars powers ?
Avlis has the Shaahesk, a race of lizardmen that are primarily hunters and slavers, usually employing kobold slaves.
However, on Avlis, Shaahesk/Lizardmen don't get any stat adjustments, or abilities, aside from a +1 Deflection AC bonus. However, they don't get an ECL modifier.
Serpentax
Groundling

Post by Serpentax »

Jaguar wrote:BUT why don't you all ask yourselves where the documentation on all of this

Jaguar
Arh that makes sence.. pulling apart a system to try to fiqure it out ...

i'd love to give you loads of advice but the custom race system on 404 gives me a headache just looking at it...

there MUST be some doc's somewhere... *hopes*
Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

Serpentax... There are scattered docs on it and then I had the help of some of the folks here to get it running....

Like I said.. I am jumping for joy over getting it running... The details can be worked out later.. I just wanted to be up and running first...

One step at a time my friend.....

everything will get worked out I am sure... in time....
Serpentax
Groundling

Post by Serpentax »

good to hear its working for you...

you can understand my confusion at the bantmar referances at first... but i completely see what your doing ... :lol:

the race systems always confuse me as 404 work differently to the ones on avlis ... i "think" they still use the ..

"speak the name to the golem" system for picking a subrace..
while on 404 we have npc's in a creation room that fire the scripts to make autobic changes.. so you just speak to the one of the race you want to be...

autobic gives me nightmares :) ill stick to scripts ...

Post by Guest »

Serpentax - Oh, now that is cool!!!! Yeah the Golem one is the one we are using within the Etheria mod…. I just have to figure out how to turn the certain character races off that should not be an option… The is the NEXT fun part… UUUGGGHHHH……. :-)
Kyprioth
Clueless Prime

Post by Kyprioth »

Yeah, we have Shaahesk/Lizardmen on Avlis, but not many people play them.... Probably because they are generally hated IC. But it's fun to RP having slaves :D
dougnoel
Groundling

Post by dougnoel »

Jaguar wrote:Now, do you know where I can get the SQL lines to add the Crafting recipes to the crafting tables?
You need to PM Orl and he will email them to you. For obvious reasons we don't have these stored anywhere even semi-publicly.

Also, check out the post I just made about the Wiki. We're doing our best to make documentation a reality, so if you have anything to contribute we would greatly appreciate it.

Doug