A Theory for Linking Planes to Worlds

Development for CoPaP
Old_Ravok
Noobie

A Theory for Linking Planes to Worlds

Post by Old_Ravok »

Could it be possible that the 'Fugue' Plane most servers use during respawns *could* serve as a link to Planar Servers? In such a way, it is feasible for many IC things.

A Magic Portal being the planes == A portal into a section of the Transition Server's Fugue Plane that holds a micro-cosm of the Abyssal layer (for example)

Avlis is a unique case, however - because it has an in-depth alignment respawn. That can work to our best advantage, however. Due to the nature of planes and how they deal with alignments.

Planes back into Worlds --

Planars 'invest' into worlds by strategically placing the essence of it into a Prime - with the hopes of swaying the Prime into its influence and thus, increasing the Planar's Territory (Kingdom).

Its the same reason the gods are fighting over souls.

However, due the Abyss uses a LOT of character customization, which could feasibly unbalance some servers in gameplay. I think that a Planar being (Outsider Custom Race for example) would be weakened somewhat by the strong mixture of variety and differences found in a Prime Plane.

What does this mean?

Your Prime World has its own 'blend' of strong and weak Planar and Deified forces (terrain and followers respectively) and as a Server Admin, I think you can use the Custom Race Bic modifiers to alter a character that joins your world into something playable.

I think this theory is sound, and might have already been discussed behind the scenes between DM's and Admins - but if not, it is here for you.
If ya can't beat em, join em, then find a bunch of others who CAN - and be a good little wuss and beat em backstab style. ;-)
teleri
World Leader: The Outlands

Post by teleri »

I looked at your post and scratched my head... This is all covered in a much easier way. I would recommend checking out in order...

DMG 1st editon
PH 1st edition
DMG 2nd edition
PH 2nd Edition
Manual of the planes 2nd edition
Planescape world setting (about 30 items) 2nd edtion

and finaly
DMG 3rd edition
PH 3rd edition
Manual of the planes 3rd edition (though I consider this a travisty)
Planar Handbook (also a travisty)

This should give you a good idea of how the planar conections work.

Cheers,
teleri
Midknight
Noobie

Post by Midknight »

Custom Race Bic modifiers to alter a character that joins your world into something playable.
That would be a lot of work, and quite a bit of hassle for the player, as AutoBic literally boots the player from the server while it makes the modifications. Then, it would need to modify your character back for when you return through the portal.... not a whole lot gained, and the possibility of character .bic file corruption could be an issue.
Old_Ravok
Noobie

Post by Old_Ravok »

Good responses - things I hadn't considered. I do have DMG 3.0 and PHB 3.0 - but all them other books would eat my pocket book. :)

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. I figured it was better put an idea out than not.
If ya can't beat em, join em, then find a bunch of others who CAN - and be a good little wuss and beat em backstab style. ;-)