Multiples fixes in the drop script

Development for CoPaP
Chassagne
Planar Sage

Post by Chassagne »

TD, I think you really should read the whole thread before stating things.
Given the items spawning are on the treasure chart
Wrong.
Is there any way for those functions to be called outside of the treasure script ?
The answer is above.
then what other scripts could be firing
The answer is above.
an ISD on the creature
See above.
A "server bug" must be a script of some sort
No. Many things are not handled by scripts. Think about the way a server like that works, and you'll understand how it's possible.
If NWN did this at random other servers would have reported this issue a long time ago
I dont buy that. It's a rare bug, and you need to track things very precisely as I did (once again, check the scripts) to see it.
Vanor
Planewalker

Post by Vanor »

Chassagne wrote:It means that the max value of a low level treasure is 1700, which is correct. I think "MAX" is the right thing to use here.
The max isn't exactly the MAX possible. There are some rare cases I gather where that number can be increased, via the script. Or at least that's what Orl told us on the Avlis boards.

That's why there are items in the treasure DB that go above the BOSS max.

The other reason for that is, their toolset value is lower then what was listed in the DB, but the DB value was increased to stop them from dropping as offten or at all.

I am in the process of updating the DB tables for treasure drops. Right now I'm just going though the Bioware stuff and adding in what is missing, as well as adjusting some of the prices because the system Aloro and I have discussed have other means of controlling what is dropped, other then price.
Chassagne
Planar Sage

Post by Chassagne »

From what I saw, yes, there are ways to increase this max value, as options on the functions calls. But none of them are used, they're all set to 0. I let them in the script btw.
Aloro
Planewalker

Post by Aloro »

Just a thought, Chass: treasure drops can be enabled in both nw_c2_default7 (OnDeath) AND nw_c2_default9 (OnSpawn). If one of them is using the proper script and one is not, this could account for the anomalous drops.

Obviously, it's desirable to have one of these turned on and one turned off, so drops aren't duplicated, but it could easily happen that both are turned on.

- Aloro
"Time's been between us, a means to an end;
God it's good to be here walkin' together, my friend."
- Stevie Ray Vaughan