Portal rearrangement and stuff (read for portal info)

Development for CoPaP
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Portal rearrangement and stuff (read for portal info)

Post by Orleron »

Take this post as a heads up for your characters, folks.

Most if not all CoPaP worlds have finished upgrading to the new VaultSTER. This means that all the old portals should be up and running again, temporarily.

If you live on Hala and are trapped on Avlis or Mystara, for example, you will want to head home with your character pretty quickly.

This is because the portals can be cut at any second and new ones can be created in the same way. It all hedges upon the plots now and how fast our DM's can storytell their way through them. Once those details are worked out, you may find yourself stranded, and I'd like you all to consider that you've been alerted ahead of time.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Tony Wazz
Noobie

Post by Tony Wazz »

Not to be a pain...but My Avlis main has been stuck in Rockhome since Deglos was updated. I just tried to Portal back to Avlis ( a few minutes ago).....still not working. I'm getting a bit discouraged about ever playing in Avlis agian, with my main....been developing him for almost a year.

I guess what I'm asking .....not to be a pain.... Is Mystara gonna update before the portals are cut?

I have enjoyed my time in Rockhome...Partied a lot and even got a bunch of DM love.....but , It's time to come home. Or am I about to be the long lost monk?

*crosses fingers and hopes for the best*

Thank You,
~Tony Wazz
slave.of.emotions
Groundling

Post by slave.of.emotions »

can we get a input on with portals are actualy be gona cut down ? wont make much sense to keep it ic anyways, since its abit unrealstic that all portals get cut down in same time.
Wombatforhire
Ambassador: Avlis

Post by Wombatforhire »

slave.of.emotions wrote:since its abit unrealstic that all portals get cut down in same time.
Not necessarily, depending on the reasons for the portals coming down.
Enverex
Planewalker

Post by Enverex »

Apparently the Rockhome one has just been closed...
choraldances
Ambassador: The Grey Wastes

Post by choraldances »

Avlis has not cut any link yet. The plot is going on right now, but the ETA of the link cut, I can not tell you. This will depend on the work of the pc's involved.
Choraldances - Senior DM of Avlis, Project Administrator of Miras - Hades, DM of Outlands.
Sarmanos
World Leader: The Grey Wastes

Post by Sarmanos »

Gray Waste portal tests are on hold until our coder(And only one with access to the server hosting Hades) returns around the end of May/beginning of June. But I might have an idea now of how to get it running thanks to Nob's repairing of the Hala portal to Avlis using the same version we do. I do hope to get it running very soon though.
Jskee
Noobie

Post by Jskee »

You can always take the ship to Glantry, then the portal to Hala, then the portal to Avlis. You're not stuck. If you need help, I will gladly guide you sometime this evening.

Jskee
Starslayer_D
Ambassador: Abyss404

Post by Starslayer_D »

Unless Rockhome/Deglos portalgets gut as well.. then you're not able to go back.

Might be an idea to have some OOC map in these boards of wich connections are active, as with all the servers around I think things could become pretty confusing soon.
With the currently linked 5 servers, things are yet easy to keep track off.. with 15.. not really possible if one server or another rearanges it's links bi-anually. ;)
Tony Wazz
Noobie

Post by Tony Wazz »

If thats the route I have to take, I'm going to need help. Ironic as rare as I planes walk...to get stuck doing it. Even more ironic that my Wifes PC is involved with that plot...*rolls eyes* She's been on Vacation....with nothing to do , but play.

If Rockhome is really not getting around to updating the vaultSTER, then I'm not sre any portals will work. I found and tried the portal to the Moonsea and it does work either (tried that Sunday night / Monday morning). I have to work tonight, had to sleep today. I'm dead tired and I'm just getting up....so I will be on tomorrow night (Wed night). Yeah I'll need a guide.

The way I'm understanding this, the Mystara updater guy has been on vacation. So it seems coordinating this with all worlds involved as taken a bit of a slip as far as making sure everyone is invovled all at once. Less I would have been home a week ago. Kinda like having a board meeting after the Treasurer has left the building, right? *smiles*

But I could be wrong...*shrugs*

Have to go to work now.....RL calls......and is priority....

Thank you all for the input....will be looing for a guide home.

~Tony Wazz
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Tony, I would definitely find a way to go from Rockhome to Glantri to Hala then to Avlis. It's possible, and the portals in that direction are working, from what I hear.

Ferus told me that Rockhome's portals have been updated, so if they are not working today, then it means he must have a bug in there somewhere.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Tony Wazz
Noobie

Post by Tony Wazz »

THanks for the input. I'll be searching for a guide home today. I'll be on this morning for a while, and on the evening....up until late night (I'm GMT-5). I really appreciate the help and it comforts me to know that someone is looking out for me/trying to help. My main is in the OOD and his future wife is in the Blue Order, I think both (as well as others) are working to get these portals closed...I need to get back before they succed! Unfortunately thats all OOC info. So Unen is just really worried and misses Sapph. That'll have to be his motivation.

Off to find my way home....less I be in the Land of the Lost....

Thanks again :D

Tony Wazz
Tony Wazz
Noobie

Post by Tony Wazz »

*smiles huge* I'm home now. Thank you so very much. took most of my coin to get home.....but well worth it.

THank you
TOny Wazz
Enverex
Planewalker

Post by Enverex »

FYI, the Hala Permanant Airship pass and the Glantri Boat pass are both plot, but they are NOT PALLET, so to save you having to buy them again don't put them in a chest.
choraldances
Ambassador: The Grey Wastes

Post by choraldances »

choraldances wrote:Avlis has not cut any link yet. The plot is going on right now, but the ETA of the link cut, I can not tell you. This will depend on the work of the pc's involved.
The IC stuff for both Rockhome and Hala portal has finished.

Rockhome-Avlis link has been removed.

Hala-Avlis link will be removed in the VERY near future.
Choraldances - Senior DM of Avlis, Project Administrator of Miras - Hades, DM of Outlands.
Nob
Spelljammer

Post by Nob »

I've already removed it on Hala end...just so y'all know.