An Idea: Improveing Clerical Spells

Development for CoPaP
Starslayer_D
Ambassador: Abyss404

Post by Starslayer_D »

... for each creature/encounter, on several avlis servers.....
WrathoG777
Clueless Prime

Post by WrathoG777 »

Show me a place where groups cannot survive without heal kits and/or heal potions and it will be a place that is meant to be hard.

I think you are bringing out odd examples of places you are not meant to be anyway to use as examples of needing this stuff.

I play a cleric and take groups common places and do just fine. Wherever it is you are talking about is over your head, meant to be bad, etc.

7000+ things do not need changing. All of the forest of midnight, LRC, underdark, minotaurs, etc are just fine. Getting lost on every server of Avlis. I walked all over hala and did fine. I visited rockhome and did fine.

Adventureing is meant to be challenging. Sometimes groups are defeated. That is normal. If your group goes an entire night without needing to stop at rest at some point in an adventure things are far too easy. If your group is fighting in a normal enviornment and is in the 6th fight of the day and does not need to rest, things are not challangeing. If your fighting normal stuff, and half your group dies every encounter, even if your try several different tactics, then you have a problem.

So, one or more of several things are happening
1) Folks are exagerateing.
2) Examples of places ment to get super hard instead of standard adventureing places are being used.
3) Group adventureing to places meant for higher level or different abilities not present in your group.
4) Group is underequiped.
5) Folks have an unrealistic expectation of how easy adventureing should be.

You can say, "oh my god, we need heal potions" because your group is dying trying to invade the deep. Or you can realize the typical group is not meant to be there. It is an area specificaly designed to be very hard for only the most epic of characters.

Because, this...
Or I ask a simultaneous tonng down of monsters, to reduce the + 50 BAB, 70 pts of dmg monsters wich do exist all over.
is just non-sence.

I go all over, into scary places, and never see that kind of anything. Maybe if a DM specifialy spawns something tough for my group, which we end up beating anyway. Maybe it is because Star and Khaelindra's characters are lvl 30+.

Epic spawns in deep dark epic places have nothing to do with the average CoPap adventurer and their needs.

If something really does not work then it should be changed, but once you start to change you will see that this or that does not fit, then even the changes you make... and in the end evryone will be busy tweaking things.
Balance is also brought up. Why try? That is why I say don't. Make it as close to PnP as you can, and be done with it. No tweaking.
-Cleric/druid spells are inline with PnP, leave them alone. Cures could be better, but healers get heal by the time cures become useless.
-Heal kits do not exist in PnP, remove them. Add a way to use heal once per day to help healing, disease/poison.
-Heal potions do not exist in PnP, remove them.

You say, "well this is not PnP". That is why we have rest timers. Use that, and that alone to adjust healing per day. If you want a dungoen harder, no-resting. If you want more healing, lower the timer, less, up the timer. Everyone seems to agree that the 4 hour (16min) timer is sufficent, so healing per day for groups from their healer must be ok at that.
[size=67]
That is my opinion, not nessasarily anyone else's opinon, might just be, but that would be a coincodence, and damnit, sometimes the crap I write is not even my opinion either.[/size]