Maztica PW

Anyone interested in linking their PW to CoPaP can inquire here with their concerns.
Hydromancerx
World Leader - LoT: Maztica

Maztica PW

Post by Hydromancerx »

Hello I am Hydromancerx from "Roads of Maztica". Our semi-group works on Maztica themed custom content.

I am intrested in working with COPAP to start a 2nd Ed Maztica themed world that abids by the COPAP guidelines. However those who know the Forgotten Realm world of Maztica knows that it is based on real life Aztec, Mayan and Inca culture. Thus it is much diffrent.

My question is a set of questions.

1. Would Maztica be an accectable world for COPAP?

2. Would anyone be intrested in Hosting such a modual?

3. Would anyone be willing to work on the modual. (Note i have started a demo mod using our custom content.)

4. Is such custom content allowed? Such as new weapon and armor models. Like this jaguar warrior gear ...

5. Is COPAP accepting new races like Maztican (Mezo-American Humans), Payit (Jungle Gnomes), Dog People (Wolf Humanoids), Greenfolk (Plant Humanoids) and/or Tabaxi (Jaguar Humanoids)?

Note we are a bunch of custom content makers, not real modual makers, scriptors or hosts. But Maztica is unique enough that i would really like it to be part of COPAP from the start before anything is made into a modual.

For more information about Maztica go to ...

Roads Of Maztica - Homepage
http://rom.rpgs.sytes.net/

Roads Of Maztica - Forum
http://forum.rpgs.sytes.net/index.php

Roads Of Maztica - Handbook
http://rom.rpgs.sytes.net/handbook.htm

Thank you for your time.

Hydro ~
Cromwell
World Leader - LoT: Thay

Post by Cromwell »

With new races and content like that, it all has to be carried throughout CoPaP, and i can say personally that it irks me to have people running around in loin cloths in dungeons. :shock:
[color=red]"How wonderfully mad of you!"[/color]
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Hiya Hydro :)

Let me take get to your questions here:
1. Would Maztica be an accectable world for COPAP?
Absolutely. Maztica exists as a continent/area on the planet Toril, so it would fall under the part of CoPaP that is trying to put Toril together, albeit loosely.
2. Would anyone be intrested in Hosting such a modual?
CoPaP is generally where you come to after you have a place to host your module because we essentially are just independent PW's who gather under the same umbrella, if you will. But if you ask around, I think there might be some folks around here that would host. I'll see what I can do about that.

3. Would anyone be willing to work on the modual. (Note i have started a demo mod using our custom content.)
This is a bit tougher. Labor is never easy to get, even for the worlds that are already IN CoPaP. Any world in CoPaP would take coders, builders or anything, so sparing people out of our (separate and independent) staffs would probably not be feasible.
You would really need to assemble a staff of your own as best as possible, and then come to us. But with a world like Maztica, I think you might get at least a couple devotees. Your website might have some fans willing and able to do it.

4. Is such custom content allowed? Such as new weapon and armor models. Like this jaguar warrior gear ...
Custom content that players can take with them to other worlds, such as armor models and items, would have to go into our Universal hakpak. That's usually not a problem unless you've got like 300 megs zipped worth of stuff. On the other hand, the custom content that stays on your world, like placeables, creatures, and tilesets, you can do whatever you like, because it does not affect other CoPaP worlds' haks, i.e. we do not need to have all the same tilesets hooked up to our worlds, but we do need to have the same item and character models.

5. Is COPAP accepting new races like Maztican (Mezo-American Humans), Payit (Jungle Gnomes), Dog People (Wolf Humanoids),
Greenfolk (Plant Humanoids) and/or Tabaxi (Jaguar Humanoids)?

Yes, CoPaP allows you to put in your own races. This is the kind of change that affects all servers. Players need to be able to take your new races to other servers, and your server would need to accommodate all of our races. CoPaP uses Red Golem's Autobic system for races. Your human and gnome races would be instantly createable and no haks changes would be needed. The wolf, plant, and jaguar ones would need character models and a racialtypes.2da change, which is also doable, but you'd have to wait until we updated our haks, which we do every so often.

I hope that answers your questions well. If you are able to get a small team of 2 or 3 people together to build this PW, then write me up a quick PM or email on what your project is envisioned to be, and I'll put you through the CoPaP world application process.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Hydromancerx

Loincloth

Post by Hydromancerx »

With new races and content like that, it all has to be carried throughout CoPaP, and i can say personally that it irks me to have people running around in loin cloths in dungeons.
Is it any diffrent than say a PC running around in asian clothing? Or even monks in thier diper-like gear?

Just thought it would give variety to the network. From Euro (Faerun), to Asian (Kara-Tur), Middle East (Al-Qadim) or Mezo-American (Maztica), forgotten realms created all of all these places with interaction between them in mind. However i know this not limited on Forgotten Realms D&D, but it is based on the idea of it.
Last edited by Hydromancerx on Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hydromancerx

To Orleron

Post by Hydromancerx »

Thank you for all that. It clears up a bunch of questions. The Maztica team will be happy to hear all that.
Quote:

This is a bit tougher. Labor is never easy to get, even for the worlds that are already IN CoPaP. Any world in CoPaP would take coders, builders or anything, so sparing people out of our (separate and independent) staffs would probably not be feasible.
You would really need to assemble a staff of your own as best as possible, and then come to us. But with a world like Maztica, I think you might get at least a couple devotees. Your website might have some fans willing and able to do it.
Acually people from our Maztica site our intrested in building and custom content. Our weakness is in scripting. So if any scriptors are intrested please contact us.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

I wouldn't take offense at that remark. Cromwell tends to not filter his statements on occasion, but he doesn't mean anything by it. No matter what may or may not annoy him, you are correct. CoPaP tries to create the entire D&D setting and that includes ALL settings and their unique qualities.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Manuel the White
Groundling

Post by Manuel the White »

You guys have some beautiful models over there. Nice work!
[img]http://www.avlis.org/AvlisDarkSig.php[/img]